"We make still by the law in which we're made." --JRR Tolkien





Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Rose Is Inspiration

I received Rose as a birthday gift many years ago. I don't remember who she is from, nor by whom she was made. She has no identifying tags. I vaguely remember that she came in a box with a window through which you could see her face.





She was always somewhat mysterious. I remember my mom saying that her hair might be real hair. The thought was a bit creepy and bit awe-inspiring. (I am pretty sure now that here hair is not real. It doesn't have the right texture. But I went back and forth on this over the years.) You can even see where I gave her a hair cut.





She was always a sickly girl. I remember wandering around and around our backyard, knowing I had to do something for her, but never quite knowing what.





I have often thought she is the most beautiful doll I have ever owned.

No comments:

Post a Comment